CLASS® Group Coaching (MMCI)
CLASS® Group Coaching (MMCI), formerly known as Making the Most of Classroom Interactions, is offered in partnership with Teachstone®, the world trusted leader in CLASS-driven measurement and mentoring.
CLASS® Group Coaching is available in two age groups—Infant/Toddler and Pre-K. These two interactive courses consist of group coaching and learning experiences for early childhood educators. Infant/Toddler CLASS® Group Coaching (MMCI) and Pre-K CLASS® Group Coaching (MMCI) both utilize the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®) and focus on the domains and dimensions of classroom quality with the CLASS® tool. Familiarity with the CLASS® tool is beneficial but is not required.
The dimensions taught within Infant/Toddler CLASS® Group Coaching (MMCI) and Pre-K CLASS® Group Coaching (MMCI) are based on developmental theory and research, which suggests that interactions between children and adults are the primary mechanism of development and learning (Greenberg, Domitrovich, & Bumbarger. 2001; Hamre & Pianta, 2007).
Infant/Toddler CLASS® Group Coaching and Pre-K CLASS® Group Coaching each help early educators:
- Learn ways to interact intentionally with children
- Support social-emotional functioning in the classroom
- Provide high-quality learning formats through classroom organization
- Implement curriculum early educators are using while effectively supporting cognitive and language development
- Feel more connected to their colleagues and increase job satisfaction
Infant/Toddler CLASS® Group Coaching and Pre-K CLASS® Group Coaching offer the following to all participants:
- Up to 24 hours, per course, of professional development credit from the Arkansas Professional Development Registry and the Arkansas Department of Education
- Available for anyone to enroll in FREE OF CHARGE
- FREE course materials and access to in-depth content, including a participant manual, CLASS® Dimensions Guide, and other resources
- Up to 2.4, per course, Continuing Education Units (CEU), upon request
- Certificate of Completion and Verification of Training Hours, upon request
- Opportunity to collaborate and build community engagement with other industry experts
Visit the Arkansas Professional Development Registry to find available courses or call (800) 632-8754.
The Arkansas Department of Education approves all courses provided by Early Care and Education Projects for professional development credit. However, the awarding of professional development credit based on attendance at this workshop is solely at the discretion of the local school district. Learn more by reviewing the Arkansas Department of Education Rules Governing Professional Development (Feb 2016).
Contact Allie Kallmann to find out more.