Early Care and Education Projects seeks enthusiastic people who are willing to train early educators to enhance the lives of children and families in Arkansas through professional development.
ECEP trainers are not full-time employees of the University of Arkansas but are considered independent contractors. Trainers are paid an hourly rate through a sponsoring agency along with all training and course materials provided by ECEP upon completion of a train-the-trainer workshop.
- At least two (2) years of experience of working with children aged birth to five.
- Verified trainer in the Arkansas Professional Development Registry (PDR), including a PDR ID number.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral degree(s) in one of the following areas:
• Communication Disorders with an Early Childhood Endorsement
• Early Childhood Education
• Elementary Education
• Family and Consumer Sciences with an emphasis in Child Development
• Human Growth and Development
• Special Education
- Request an ECEP Trainer Application by emailing email@example.com.
- Provide copies of the following required documentation:
• Copy of college transcript(s)
• Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
• Copy of PDR ID card showing trainer status
- Submit the completed application along with all required documentation.
- Applications will be reviewed based on the alignment of the training necessities to the applicant's qualifications.
- A letter will be mailed to the applicant with the final decision of approval enclosed.
Expectations of Approved ECEP Trainers
- Complete a train-the-trainer workshop for the ECEP course(s) you are approved to train.
- Train the approved ECEP course(s).
- Attend the ECEP Inservice session every other year.
- Stay in contact with the ECEP training advisor and remain compliant with all ECEP procedures.
- Submit required course documents within two weeks.