June 24, 2013
- You may have noticed by now that there has been a significant change to the Program Support Document pages. Many forms have been made to be 'generic' where they can be used for all ECEP courses. Others have remained specific to each course. If you find a link that doesn't work properly or if you feel something has gone missing, please contact Susan Lamp and alert her or ask for help.
January 30, 2013
- Please remember that ECEP will keep in contact with you primarily through email. To ensure that you are not missing important information and announcements, please add @uark.edu to your safe senders domain in your email client. Additionally, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. Each email client has different ways of doing this so check the help files for your email client for directions. If you need assistance, contact Susan Lamp via email or at 479-575-3375 and she will try to assist you.
January 23, 2013
- ECEP 2013 Inservice will be June 19 and 20 at the C. A. Vines Arkansas 4-H Center. Emails will be sent announcing registration. (See your latest email with more information about our speaker and options for attendance.)
- Train-the-Trainer for the first three revised Caregiver Certificate courses—Creative Activities, Guidance & Behavior Management and Health & Safety—will be held June 18 at the C. A. Vines Arkansas 4-H Center. Watch your email for registration announcement.
- Child Development: Birth to Three, Child Development: Three to Five and Child Development: Five to Eight, the remaining three Caregiver Certification courses, are slated to have train-the-trainer Fall 2013. Watch for more information in your email.
January 11, 2013
- Marietta Baltz, CCOT and FCCP training advisor, has announced her retirement in June. She will continue working part-time with the FCCP course.
- Janean Vineyard joins the ECEP team as the Caregiver Certificate training advisor. Upon Marietta's retirement, she will assume CCOT advising. She may be contacted at email@example.com or 479-575-4329.
- Jenny Dura also joins the ECEP team as interim training advisor for Infant Toddler Framework and Pre-K Framework Handbook. She is available at 479-575-5402 or by email.
December 20, 2012
- Train-the-Trainer for Common Core State Standards Training for Early Educators is anticipated for February 2013. Watch for email announcements regarding a set date!Creative Activities, Guidance & Behavior Management and Health & Safety, three of the Caregiver Certificate courses, will be offered for Train-the-Trainer June 2013. Watch for email announcements for more information.
- Collecting information regarding CEUs and college credit student numbers is tied to the continued funding for ECEP. To help collect this information from trainers, the Trainer Checklist has been updated to assist in this. This is required information and helps keep our project funded.
- We are still receiving old Scantron™ forms from trainers in course packets. Please discard any old forms and use only the new, revised form. The new form has a list of courses and a place to bubble next to each name.
- ECEP will no longer be sending a participant copy of the AECE Framework Handbook for Three and Four Year Old Children and the Association of Measurements for Pre-K ELLA, Pre-K SEL and INDEX classes. Pre-K Framework Handbook (Pre-K FH) classes will continue to receive a copy for each participant.
August 17, 2011
- The Arkansas Framework Benchmark Summary Table has been revised to better align with national Common Core Standards that were adopted by Arkansas in July 2010. Comments and suggestions are welcome. For more information go to http://humanservices.arkansas.gov/dccece/Pages/ArkansasBetterChance.aspx.
June 1, 2011
- We are pleased to announce that Robin Jones has joined our team and will be acting as interim training advisor for Pre-K SEL Should you need any help with SEL, she may be contacted at 800-632-8754, 479-575-3856 or via email. Robin is already a great asset to our project and undoubtedly will continue to be!
March 28, 2011
- It is with sadness that we must announce the retirement of Susan Slaughter, the Pre-K SEL training advisor. Susan will be retiring effective April 1, 2011. While we will miss her greatly as a constant member of our team, we wish her the best in her full-time role as mother and grandmother.Until a new Pre-K SEL training advisor is in place, please direct any questions to either Susan Lamp via email or 479-575-3375 or to Deniece Honeycutt at 479-575-3294 or 800-632-8754.
March 24, 2011
- The ECEP Inservice Workshops announcement has been sent via email to all currently approved and trained trainers. If you didn't receive the email, please go here and register for the applicable workshops.
July 20, 2009
- Budget instructions have been updated to reflect the new trainer hourly pay. Various trainer forms have been updated.
July 7, 2009
- Effective July 1, 2009, the Participant Evaluation (Form #7) was replaced with a Scantron form. The new Course Evaluation will be sent along with the Participant materials when an order is placed. This is no longer a self-print form. This form is to be used only at the end of the entire course.
May 18, 2009
- An archive of Trainer Tips has been added to the For the Trainer section. If you've missed a tip, you can always find it here!
March 12, 2009
- Project brochures, in printable format, are online. Link is in the left navigation sidebar.
March 2, 2009
- Additional supplemental materials have been added to the Pre-K Framework Handbook trainer files.
February 26, 2009
- The AECE Framework Handbook for Three and Four Year Old Children curriculum will be discontinued at the end of this fiscal year. Please submit all budget items by May 15, 2009, for reimbursement.
February 24, 2009
- All trainer forms have been updated to the most current version. The only form that is now password protected is the Verification of Hours form (form #6 for each course). Continue to use your same UserID and Password as before to access.
- Additional Supplemental Materials have been added to the trainer forms for Pre-K Framework Handbook.
- Budget forms for Pre-K Framework Handbook are online also. These are available for immediate use.
February 3, 2009
- Participant materials order forms are now online for all ECEP courses. Links to them are found under For The Trainer. When ordering please remember that a physical address is required. Materials cannot be sent to P.O. boxes. Each order form has an e-mail submit button at the bottom. If you are ordering for someone else or for a group of trainers, it might be helpful to send a copy of the form to the trainer(s) so they will know not to duplicate the order.
October 7, 2008
- The Verification of Hours form for each course is accessible again. Thank you for your patience! :)
October 2, 2008
- A Trainer Information Update Form has been added to the For the Trainer section. Use this form to notify us of any changes to your personal information. This is an interactive form with an e-mail button for easy return.All trainer forms have been password protected. Contact Susan Lamp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-3375 if you need help accessing the forms.
September 30, 2008
- Order forms for Pre-K Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) and Pre-K Early Literacy Learning in Arkansas (Pre-K ELLA) have been added in the For the Trainer section under the respective title. This is an interactive form that has an e-mail button and can also be saved for your own record-keeping. Please note: Orders cannot be processed until the Training Registration has been received by the project advisor.
September 29, 2008
- The Verification of Hour form for each course has been temporarily removed from the Web site for security reasons. Please contact Susan Lamp at 479-575-3375 if you need this form before we can return it to the Web site.
August 28, 2008
- The Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education requires all Arkansas Better
Chance teachers to participate in certain training. That training must meet the requirements
of the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). ADE requires all teacher preparation
to meet high standards of professional development and also the rules governing professional
development. When the requirements are met, approval numbers are granted to the organization
Early Care and Education Projects is proud to offer ADE-approved professional development in the following curricula: Pre-K Early Literacy Learning in Arkansas (Pre-K ELLA); Pre-K Social-Emotional Learning (Pre-K SEL); and Pre-K Frameworks Handbook (Pre-K FH).
- Verification of Hours forms for Pre-K ELLA, Pre-K SEL and Pre-K FH have been updated with a place for the ADE Assurance Numbers and a hyperlink to the Web page with the numbers by fiscal year. (Fiscal year for the University of Arkansas is July 1 through June 30.)
- Parking Lot poster added to Pre-K SEL Supplemental Materials for downloading.