Creative Activities helps early educators plan and develop creative activities that are designed to aid children as they grow cognitively, socially, physically, and emotionally. Upon completion of this course, early educators will have a knowledge base and hands-on experiences necessary to plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities into the daily curriculum.
Creative Activities helps early educators:
- Construct creative activities designed to aid children as they grow cognitively, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- Discover creative activities in the following curriculum areas: Art, cooking, dramatic play, language arts, math, movement, music, nutrition, and science.
- Examine a knowledge base and hands-on experiences necessary to plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities into the daily curriculum.
Creative Activities includes the following lessons:
- The Foundation of Creative Activities 3 hours
- Language and Dramatic Play 3 hours
- Art 3 hours
- Music and Movement 3 hours
- Math and Science 3 hours
Creative Activities additional materials and resources:
Supplemental Materials Packet (setup for double-sided printing)
Creative Activities offers the following to all participants:
- Up to 15 hours of professional development credit from the Arkansas Professional Development Registry (PDR) and the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE)
- Available for anyone to enroll in FREE OF CHARGE
- FREE course materials and access to in-depth content, including a participant manual and other resources
- Up to 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU), upon request
- Certificate of Completion and Verification of Training Hours, upon request
- Opportunity to collaborate and build community engagement with other industry experts
The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) approves all courses provided by Early Care and Education Projects for professional development credit. However, the awarding of professional development credit is based solely on the discretion of your local school district. Learn more by reviewing the Arkansas Department of Education Rules Governing Professional Development (Feb 2016).
Visit the Arkansas Professional Development Registry (PDR) to find available courses or call (800) 632-8754.
Contact Jennifer Bowman to find out more.