Child Development: Birth to Three
The goal of Child Development: Birth to Three is to improve the quality of care for children ages birth to three by helping early educators understand the importance of early development and their role as a nurturer. Through studying development, early educators will learn what to expect from infants and toddlers and will be able to recognize that all are different, although they have similar patterns of development. In addition, early educators will have the skills and techniques required to care for children within a safe and stimulating environment.
This course is also available as a condensed online self-paced course offering 8 hours of approved professional development credit from the Arkansas Professional Development Registry (PDR). To register for a self-paced course, visit the Online Courses page and select the ENROLL NOW! SELF-PACED COURSE button.
Child Development: Birth to Three helps early educators:
- Understand child development birth to three
- Recognize the needs of infants and toddlers
- Create routines and developmentally appropriate environments
- Discover influences on brain development
- Practice observations of the child from birth to three years
Child Development: Birth to Three includes the following lessons:
- Concepts in Infant and Toddler Development 3 hours
- The Young Infant 3 hours
- The Mobile Infant 3 hours
- The Toddler 3 hours
- Early Intervention 3 hours
Child Development: Birth to Three offers the following to all participants:
- Up to 15 hours of professional development credit from the Arkansas Professional Development Registry and the Arkansas Department of Education
- Available for anyone to enroll in FREE OF CHARGE
- FREE course materials and access to in-depth content, including a participant manual and other resources
- Up to 1.5 Continuing Education Units, upon request
- Certificate of Completion and Verification of Training Hours, upon request
- Opportunity to collaborate and build community engagement with other industry experts
Visit the Arkansas Professional Development Registry to find available courses or call (800) 632-8754.
The Arkansas Department of Education approves all courses provided by Early Care and Education Projects for professional development credit. However, the awarding of professional development credit based on attendance at this workshop is solely at the discretion of the local school district. Learn more by reviewing the Arkansas Department of Education Rules Governing Professional Development (Feb 2016).