Child Development: Three to Five
The goal of Child Development: Three to Five is to improve the quality of care for children from ages three to five by helping early educators understand what to expect from preschoolers. In addition, early educators will have the skills and techniques required to care for them within a safe and stimulating environment.
Child Development: Three to Five helps early educators:
- Understand child development three to five years
- Recognize the needs of the child from three to five years
- Discover the way play promotes development
- Demonstrate skills and techniques required to provide a safe and stimulating environment
Child Development: Three to Five includes the following lessons:
- Concepts in Child Development 4.5 hours
- The Three Year Old 2 hours
- The Four Year Old 4 hours
- The Five Year Old 3 hours
- Inclusion 1.5 hours
Child Development: Three to Five offers the following to all participants:
- Up to 15 hours of professional development credit from the Arkansas Professional Development Registry (PDR) and the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE)
- Available for anyone to enroll in FREE OF CHARGE
- FREE course materials and access to in-depth content, including a participant manual, both Kindergarten Readiness Indicator Checklists for Parents and for Teachers, and other resources
- Up to 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU), upon request
- Certificate of Completion and Verification of Training Hours, upon request
- Opportunity to collaborate and build community engagement with other industry experts
The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) approves all courses provided by Early Care and Education Projects for professional development credit. However, the awarding of professional development credit is based solely on the discretion of your local school district. Learn more by reviewing the Arkansas Department of Education Rules Governing Professional Development (Feb 2016).
Visit the Arkansas Professional Development Registry (PDR) to find available courses or call (800) 632-8754.
Contact Jennifer Bowman to find out more.