For the Provider
Below is a selection of internet links that are potential resources for early care and education professionals. These links should not be considered as an endorsement or recommendation by Early Care & Education Projects for any of the materials, concepts or organizations sponsoring these sites. Please use common sense and caution when selecting and using information listed on these or any internet site.
Age Appropriate Activities
Infant and Toddler Activities
Toddler and Preschool Activities
Your Child's Development: Age-Based Tips from Birth to 36 Months (ZERO TO THREE)
Arkansas Curriculum and Supplemental Publications
- Arkansas CDELS documents
- Arkansas Child Development and Early Learning Standards: Birth through 60 Months (English) (Spanish)
- Developmental Rating Scale: Birth through 36 Months (printable) (interactive) NEW!
- Developmental Rating Scale: 19 Months through 60 Months coming soon!
- Strategies and Activities: Infant Toddler coming soon!
- Strategies and Activities: Preschool coming soon!
- Arkansas Early Childhood Education Framework Handbook (retired, see Arkansas CDELS documents above)
- Association of Measurements: Early Childhood (AOM) NEW!
- B.A.M.M.M.! (Books and Movement - A Magical Mix)
- Connecting Literature and Math (CLAM) NEW!
- Connecting with Infants: A Curriculum for Children Birth to 19 Months NEW!
- Creative Adventures with Literature (CAL)
- The Family Connection
- Getting Ready For Kindergarten: A Calendar of Family Activities (English) (Spanish)
- Infant and Toddler Family Connection
- Kindergarten Readiness Indicator Checklist for Parents (English) (Eng. interactive) (Spanish) (Sp. interactive) NEW!
- Kindergarten Readiness Indicator Checklist for Teachers (English) (Eng. interactive) (Spanish) (Sp. interactive) NEW!
- LINK for Parents and LINK for Teachers
- Picture This: A Framework for Quality Care and Education for Children from Three to Five
- Picture This: A Framework for Quality Care for Infants and Toddlers
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar storytelling patterns
Arkansas Department of Health community, family & child health
You Can Prevent Shaken Baby Syndrome brochure
Baby Project (Early Childhood Research & Practice)
Frequently Asked Questions About Brain Development (ZERO TO THREE)
4 Art Projects for Parents & Toddlers
Early Childhood News Classroom Ideas
Free Activities for Early Childhood Education & Development
Single Portion Play Dough Recipe
Tips and Tools on Play (ZERO TO THREE)
Common Core State Standards
Arkansas Department of Education
Common Core State Standards Initiative
English Language Arts
English Language Arts Resources
Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework
Literacy Learning Progressions
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Parents' Guides to Student Success
Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
Curricula that Teach Social-Emotional Skills
Al's Pals: Kids Making Healthy Choices
Devereux Early Childhood Assessment Preschool Program, 2nd Edition (DECA)
The Incredible Years
Skillstreaming in Early Childhood (revised edition)
Tools of the Mind
CDC - Developmental Milestones
CDC - Developmental Milestones checklist
Children's Developmental Benchmarks and Stages: A Summary Guide to Appropriate Arts Activities
Developmental Checklists: Birth to Five
Ear Infections and Language Development Checklist
How Does Your Child Hear and Talk Milestones
Infant/Toddler Development, Screening, and Assessment
Your Baby's Hearing and Communicative Development Checklist
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Increasing Capabilities Access Network (ICAN)
Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA)
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities Annual Report (2016)
National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
ESL (English as a Second Language)
Healthy Child Care (American Academy of Pediatrics)
Minimum Licensing Regulations
Minimum Licensing Requirements for Child Care Centers
Minimum Licensing Requirements for Licensed Child Care Family Homes
Minimum Licensing Requirements for Registered Child Care Family Homes
Important Information About New Bleach Concentration (2013)
EPA Environmental Kids Club
Izaak Walton League of America
Keep America Beautiful
National Audubon Society
National Wildlife Federation
USDA Forest Service
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
Wildlife Habitat Council
Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ)
Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism
Arkansas Forestry Commission
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
Arkansas Natural Resources Commission
Arkansas Urban Forestry Council
University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service
National Resource Center for Health and Safety
Appendix J - Selecting an Appropriate Sanitizer or Disinfectant
Care for Children with Food Allergies
Caring for Our Children
Information Regarding Water Location, Play and Supervision
aha! Process, Inc.
American Psychological Association
Children's Defense Fund
Commonway Institute for Societal Transformation
Communication Across Barriers
Facing History and Ourselves
The National Association for Multicultural Education
National Center for Children in Poverty
Teaching for Change
Arkansas Early Childhood Association (AECA)
Child Care Licensing
Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth Through Age 8 (3rd ed.)
National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Early Childhood Curriculum, Assessment, and Program Evaluation
Play is FUNdamental
Learning and Development
Toys: Tools for Learning
Programs, Services and Grants
Southern Early Childhood Association (SECA)
Project Play University of Arkansas for Medical Services
Games to Play with Toddlers, Revised. (2002). Jackie Silberg.
125 Brain Games for Toddlers and Twos, Revised. (2012). Jackie Silberg.
125 Brain Games for Babies. (1999). Jackie Silberg.
Simple Steps: Developmental Activities for Infants, Toddlers, and Two-Year Olds. (1999). Karen Miller.
The GIANT Encyclopedia of Transition Activities for Children 3 to 6. (2005). Kathy Charner.
Quick Reference Charts for Pre-K Social-Emotional Learning
Play Safe (The Toy Association)
Safe Sleep For Your Baby brochure
Safe to Sleep®
Safe to Sleep® Campaign Materials Order Form
Toy Industry Foundation
What Does a Safe Sleep Environment Look Like? poster
Valid and Reliable Screening Tools